Please review the SpoCon Press Policy at: http://www.spocon.org/documentation
SpoCon welcomes members of the media who are interested in covering and reporting on the convention. Newspapers, TV outlets, and popular fandom websites are invited. We provide complimentary press passes to members of the media who plan to report on the convention in some kind of broadcast media (blog, news article, radio, tv show) and can verify their credentials with a legitimate reporting organization or solid website following.
We do not provide complimentary press passes for individuals who are not planning to develop editorial or photographic coverage of the convention. Documentary filmmakers, private photographers, etc., will not be given press passes.
Press badges enable individuals and organizations to report on the convention. They do not provide special privileges and you should avoid being in the way of our staff and volunteers during the convention, or doing anything that would disrupt events. Interrupting events, abusing your privileges, or not cooperating with SpoCon staff or volunteers can result in loss of your press pass and denial of future applications.
- All press will need to provide a valid photo ID at the time of check-in. Press will also need to provide a business card that includes: company name, the individual name, website URL or publication information, email address or other contact information.
- Applicants must submit a sample of their work including previous convention coverage, or coverage of similar events.
- All members of press attending our show and receiving a comped press badge must send us a copy or link of their coverage within 30 days. Anyone failing to do so will result in denial of future SpoCon Press Applications.
- All members of press attending our event and receiving a comped press badge must be at SpoCon, covering SpoCon, not using the event as a backdrop for other projects.
- Organizations as a news/press outlet must have existed for at least 1 year. Individual personal blogs and/or galleries will not be considered. You must be able to provide a link to traffic stats page if requested.
Photographers: No Soliciting
Photographers using a complimentary press badge may not offer or solicit paid photoshoots at the convention.
The deadline to apply is 2 weeks prior to SpoCon. There is absolutely no at-con press registration except for local TV and Newspapers.